Water supply clogged:
Do you have your water supply clogged in your house? It doesn’t matter if your central water supply has been clogged or just a small part of the line. In both of the cases, you will be not able to get the right amount of water coming out and eventually you will have it completely clogged. What you need to do at this point is having it fixed as soon as possible. However, you need to gentle with the pipes when you will be fixing them. Otherwise, you may break the pipe and you will end up having an unstoppable leaking in your house.
With that taking place you will end up with the replacing option that is going to cost you most than you expected. To do that, you may even have to break some walls and tiles, which is not the best result for you. Below you will be able to find out how to have your water supply lines unclogged easily and effectively. However, if you are not able to do it and the process had no effect, you are free to give us a call. We will be happy to hear you out and help you with the problem you are having on your water supply.
- Water supply pipe clogged.
- Clogged cold water supply line.
- Hot water supply line clogged.
- Clogged water supply valve.
- Toilet water supply clogged.
- Toilet water supply line clogged.
- Dishwasher water supply clogged.
- Humidifier water supply line clogged.
- Clearing a water supply line.
Water supply pipe clogged:
The main clogging problems with your water supply are coming from the pipes. This is because after every time that there have been works on the central water supply done, dirt is going to come from the pipes. It will get to your faucets and will have them clogged eventually. In order to prevent that from happening, you need to have your water lines flushed to remove all the dirt from the pipes. The main areas where you may be having a clogging problem with your water supply are:
- Your cold water supply line.
- Your hot water supply line.
- Your central water supply line valve.
- Your toilet water supply line.
- Your dishwasher water supply.
- Your humidifier water supply line.
To have each of them unclogged, you may have to use a different method. Therefore, you may be not able to have it completely unclogged as you expected. Also, you may cause an unexpected leaking on the connections of the pipes that you are not able to do nothing about it. On the other hand, you are going to need to use the right tools to have a valve or a certain part of the pipe replaced. In those cases, you are going to need the help of a professional to come and do it for you. Therefore, this is not something that will bother you if something will go wrong. However, you may be just annoyed with your pocket from how much the whole damage to be repaired is going to cost you. Below, you will be able to find out how you can have your water lines unclogged and your appliances functional once again.
Clogged cold water supply line:
If you have a clogging problem with your cold water supply line, you may be experiencing water issues in your whole house. By having the cold water supply line clogged, it doesn’t mean that you will be able to use your hot water. This is because your boiler is not going to get cold water to be converting into hot. Therefore, you will end up having no water in your whole house. However, before you end up in conclusions and you are getting to fix the cold water supply in your house, check if the water supply has been not cut off on your whole street. If the council is doing some roadworks or working on the water supply, then they will have cut off the water in the surrounding area. In this way, they will be able to prevent serious leaks and possible injuries on themselves because of the high pressure in the pipes. So, if they are no roadworks around and you have your water bill paid, you may wanna have a look at your cold water supply line. It is not recommended to touch the area where you are getting your water from the city. This is because the water in the pipes is under very high pressure, which can easily injure you and cause you unstoppable leaking problem.
So, if you are experiencing no water in your house, you wanna give a call to your water supplier and tell them your problem. However, if your boiler looks fine and your sink is not having cold water, you are going to need to flush it. What you need to do, is turning off the valve on the water supply in your sink. Then you need to disconnect from that part the pipe and open the faucet. Make sure that you will be using an empty bucket for the water that is coming out. In this way, you will be able to backflush the cold water supply line. Once you will have this done, reconnect the supply pipe on its place and turn on the valve. Make sure that there is no water leaking from the area that you have put back the pipe.
Hot water supply line clogged:
Are you having your hot water supply line in your house clogged? When you will be having your hot water supply clogged, you will be not having hot water to take a bath or wash your pots. However, before you are going to have a look at your supply line, you may wanna consider other options for this to happen. The usual causes for you not having hot water at home are:
- You have no water supply. When you will be not having any water at home, having no hot water should be a surprise for you.
- Your boiler is broken. With your boiler broken, cold water will be not able to warm up and you will end up not having hot water.
- You have your water supply line leaking. If you do have leaking on your cold water supply pipe, the boiler will not able to get any water. You will notice that there is no water pressure inside it and will be not able to work properly.
- You have no electricity at home. With no electricity at home, your boiler is not going to be able to work. When this is going to take place, you will end up not having hot water.
- Your hot water supply line is clogged. When this one is going to take place, you will need to have your hot water line cleared. The best and easiest way of doing that is by having the hot water line backflushed. What you need to do is disconnect the hot water line on your sink and your sink’s aerator. Then run the tap with cold water and you will notice that water will be coming out from the tap and the hot water line. Do the same process in the rest faucets in your house and hot water should be coming out as it used to.
Clogged water supply valve:
At your house’s water supply lines, the most common area to get clogged is where the supply valve is located. Because it is the area where you can have it checked easier, you may wanna have it checked first. However, you cannot have your central supply valves disconnected by yourself because the water pressure coming from there is not like in your tap. You will cause a serious problem in the area and your house. You may even get seriously injured and cause more problems than how much the whole thing was worth. So, if you have been away for a few weeks and you have cut off your water supply, you may be careful when you will be reopening the water valve. So, if you wanna check the rest water supply valves at home, it will be not that hard. What you need to do is closing the water supply valve by turning it ninety degrees to your left. The valve will be horizontal to the pipe which means that there is no more water coming from in there. Once you will have this one done, you need to use a wrench to disconnect the area where the valve is connected to the water supply. Make sure that you disconnect the ring that is above the valve and is connected to the faucet. By disconnecting the other part, having the valve closed is not going to have any effect. Once you will have the water line disconnected, you can have a look at the area where the valve is. Make sure that is cleaned out properly and reconnect the water line back to the valve. Open the valve by turning it again ninety degrees to your right this time and check if the repair you have done has caused any possible leaks.
If you have your water supply valve completely clogged, then you may need to replace it with a new one. In this case, you are going to cut off the central water supply and open the tap, so will be no water left in the pipe. After you have this one done, you can disconnect the valve from the two areas that it is connected. Make sure that the new valve you will get for your water supply has a similar size, so it will fit on the water line pipes. Connect the valve to the place and open the water supply in order to check for possible leaks. If you will be having a leaking on the connected area, it is best to apply some Teflon tape on the area.
Toilet water supply clogged:
Are you having the water supply in your toilet clogged? By having your toilet out of water supply, you will be not able to flush the toilet after every time when you will be using it. However, by not being able to flush the water in the toilet, it doesn’t mean that the water line is clogged. The most usual reasons for your toilet to have no water supply are:
- The line between the tank and the bowl is clogged. When you will be experiencing this issue, you will notice that the tank will be filled up with water but no water will be coming from it. In order to have this problem fixed, you need to have a look at the bottom of the tank if there is something that is clogging. If everything looks fine, then check to release the water manually by pulling the tube in the bottom of the tank. When you will lift it up, the water should be coming from out there and going to the bowl. If your second attempt was pointless, you need to use a metal cable and insert in from the bottom part of the tank to the bowl. In this way, you will be able to move some rubbish that is inside the line to the bowl.
- You have no water supply. Well, when you are having no water at home, having your toilet tank empty and out of water shouldn’t be such a surprise for you.
- The toilet tank is not holding the water. When this issue is going to be taking place, you will notice that water will be coming off from the tank into the bowl. With this happening, you need to have a look at the bottom part of the tank. The cover that is closing automatically is left open and water is running through there. What you need to do is having the bottom part cleaned well because it may be dirty. After many years of the tank being used and not cleaned, there may have been some mould created that are blocking it from closing and needs to be removed.
- Your water supply line in your toilet tank is clogged. If you are wondering how your water supply line to your toilet can get clogged and how to have it fixed, have a look below. You will be able to find answers to your questions on your clogged water supply line in the toilet.
Toilet water supply line clogged:
When you will be having no water supply coming to your toilet’s tank, you may wanna have it fixed as soon as possible. Unless of course, you wanna be filling a bucket of water to flush your toilet every time when you will be doing your need. So, if your toilet is not able to get any water from the water supply line, but at the same time you have water at home, you wanna have your water supply line unclogged. The few and easy steps of having your water line cleared are:
- Before you start anything, cut off the water supply in your toilet by turning the valve reverse-clockwise.
- By using a wrench, unscrew the ring that is covering the water line that is connected to the tank. In this way, you will be able to identify where the problem is.
- Usually, there is a filter that is collecting all the rubbish from going into your tank.
- Clean the filter properly and place it back on its place.
- Also, do not forget to check the water line. By pointing the hose to your toilet, turn on the water supply valve and check if water is coming out. If there is no water coming from in there, you may be having a problem that will need a deeper look.
- So, if water is coming off the water supply normal, close the valve once again.
- Reconnect the pipe to your tank and screw it back on. Use a wrench to tighten it as much as possible, so you will be not having any leaks. However, using too much force is going to damage the passes and the area where the pipes are connected.
- In the end, turn on the valve and check if your tank is getting filled up with water once again.
If this method didn’t work out for you, you may need to look for professional help. There may be a different problem that you are having with your water supply and you will be not able to identify it.
Dishwasher water supply clogged:
When having your dishwasher water supply line clogged you will be really annoyed. So, unless you are willing to do the pots with your hands, you wanna have the problem sorted. If you will be not able to get water supply in your dishwasher, the circle is not going to be able to start. However, there may be a few different things wrong with your water supply for your dishwasher that you have missed. The most common problems created by the water supply in your dishwasher are:
- You are not having any water supply at home. To make sure that this is the case, have a look at the rest faucets in your house. If there is a normal water supply in those, this is not the case.
- Your inlet valve at your dishwasher is clogged. When you will be experiencing water supply issues with your dishwasher, this is the most common problem to happen. To make sure that this is the case, you need to pull out the dishwasher from its place and have a look at the back of it. You need to close the water supply valve that is connected to it and disconnect it from the back of your dishwasher. You can easily check it by turning the valve back on in an empty bowl. If the water is coming out fine, then you are having a problem with your inlet valve on your dishwasher. However, to repair that part, may be quite complicated depending on what kind of dishwasher you are having. Therefore, if you are not sure how to have it removed and replaced, you will need to get a professional or the company’s that you have bought the dishwasher from, to come and have a look at it.
Humidifier water supply line clogged:
Having a humidifier at home is always useful when there is low humidity in the air. Therefore, having it clogged and not able to use it is going to be one of your main priorities. In a humidifier, the most common part to get clogged is the pin of the valve on the saddle. What you need to do, is having it removed and cleaned properly. Before you take any further actions, make sure that you will cut off the water supply, since you are going to have removed. So, in order to remove it and have it cleaned or replaced, you need to:
- Remove the pipe that is connected t the humidifier from the side of the valve.
- By using a screwdriver, remove the screws that are holding the saddle on the pipe.
- Clean the valve through well in a bucket of water and screw the saddle back on.
- In the end, connect the pipe that is going to the humidifier on the side of the valve and turn the valve on.
- Once you have done the above, you can check it for possible leaks.
- Finally, turn the water supply back on and your humidifier should be able to be working properly once again.
Clearing a water supply line:
Are you wondering in which way you can clean your clogged water supply line easily and effectively? The best and easing way of doing that is having the lines flushed. However, you can do it very easy, fast and with not much effort:
- Close the water supply valve under the sink.
- By using a wrench, remove the ring that is attached to the valve.
- Also, by using a wrench remove the aerator of the faucet to prevent it from clogging.
- Then, by pointing the hose into an empty bucket, run the tap and water should be coming from the faucet and the water line.
- Reattach the water line to the valve and tighten it well.
- In the end, turn on the water supply valve and check for possible leaks.
- Once you will have the one water line cleared, you wanna clear the second one as well. All you have to do is following the same process as before.
- Finally, do not forget to put the aerator back on its place.
In this way, your water lines should have been nice and clean.
Was this article helpful with what to do when you are having a clogged water supply line? If you still have questions on this matter, contact us and we will be happy to help you.